I always have been fascinated by photography.
But with the introduction of the digital camera it all became too easy, too predictable …to me.
So I forced myself to go back to the roots of real analog photography.
Not just by making the photograph itself, but by controlling the entire photographic process.

This brought me back to the middle of the 19th century, to the amazing Collodion wet plate process.
And every single day I feel challenged to refine and improve myself.


For my website please visit : www.alextimmermans.com

Alex Timmermans
Holland


"You don't take a picture, it's given to you"

woensdag 11 april 2012

Luther Gerlach has arrived

Yesterday Luther gerlach and Peter van Hal visited my home.
It's always interesting seeing other wet platers making their own plates.
Boy i can learn a lot from him. We tried his beautiful antique camera which he brought from the states.
We have experimented with different colors of glass, other chemicals en discussed many formulas.
He's already making wet plates for more than 15 years. He's like a walking collodion library....
I love his work, just fantastic.

I couldn't resist making a portrait but he really hates it sitting in on front of the camera....



1 opmerking:

  1. Amazing portrait. Every time I look on your blog the work gets better.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen